Well I kinda messed up the pumpkin recipe for every week until fall was over because I was super busy with homework, and I didn’t have time to write up a post. Actually I did, but then my computer shut down & lost all of my work. Please forgive me! But I’m back at it this week with an awesome recipe…that doesn’t even actually contain pumpkin. I’m taking the pumpkin spice very literally in the fact that it really is just pumpkin spice. I tried this recipe out with actual pumpkin and I just didn’t like it, so I wasn’t gonna post that recipe.
Muffins are kind of my thing if you haven’t noticed. They’re perfect because they qualify as breakfast, a snack, or dessert. And I especially love banana muffins because I never have to add sweeteners, so they’re always 21 day sugar detox friendly (as long as bananas are green-tipped). Plus being sweetener-free is the perfect excuse to add Enjoy Life chocolate chips, right? Because chocolate chips take this recipe from a 7 to a solid 10. Who am I kidding? Chocolate makes every recipe better.
Anyways, I’ll hopefully be able to be more steady with my pumpkin posts! We have 5 days off from school this coming weekend, so I’m hoping to spend time creating recipes and blogging recipes I haven’t yet. However, I’ll also be caught up with homework and volleyball, so that may not happen. Ugh, summertime is the best time, that’s for sure.
Also, I was getting super pumped for Paleo(fx) in Denver two weeks from now, but today when I went to their website I found out that it’s been postponed. Major bummer…I was heartbroken to say the least. I want to make it to a paleo/health food convention SOON, and with volleyball ending next month I’ll have a little time during offseason to do so. So if anyone knows of any conventions (preferably in the Midwest) that are happening soon, please let me know!
Okay, I’ll finally add in the recipe. I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Banana Muffins
yields: 10-12 muffins prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 25 minutes
- 3 bananas (green-tipped if 21DSD)
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: 1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or chocolate chips of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line medium muffin pan with muffin tins.
- Mash bananas in bowl or puree in food processor. Combine with whisked eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add dry mixture to bananas and eggs, stirring while combining.
- Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until tops of muffins are firm.