‘Tis the season for pumpkin EVERYTHING! Before last year, I never really participated in the trend. But then I underwent white girl initiation, and I became a new person. Figuratively speaking, of course. Anyways, I still couldn’t say pumpkin’s my favorite flavor, but I definitely have my cravings. Plus I love being festive, especially during the fall holidays because I’m an October baby, and I just feel like it’s a requirement to love the season you were born in. Truth be told though, Fall babies are the best babies.
Okay, so about this recipe. Everybody who’s anybody knows that you can’t spell Fall without Pumpkin Spice Latte. (Yeah, that doesn’t really make sense, but you get what I’m saying.) Unfortunately for us paleo peeps, vegan venerers (I had to look that one up; it actually means a hunter…I try being funny sometimes, usually doesn’t work out), and happy health pursuers-we can’t participate in PSL season. I can’t say we’re really missing out on much, because personally I think Pumpkin Spice Lattes are overrated, buuuut this coffee creamer I made is not. This stuff is so good, and it actually contains pumpkin, not just pumpkin spice. I was drinking this plain before I even put it in my coffee, so if you’re lookin for a pumpkin milkshake, blend it with some ice cream or just ice and I bet it’d be heavenly. *inserts heart eyes emoji* However you drink it, this stuff is awesome!
P.S. I’m thinking about making this pumpkin thing a real thing, and creating a new pumpkin recipe for every week of fall. I already have a bunch of ideas, but since there’s so many paleo pumpkin recipes out there, I’m not sure many readers will bother with making mine! Anywho, if you’d like me to share, I’d be happy to, so let me know what you guys think! Thanks! 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
yields: ∼2 cups prep time: 5 minutes cook time: 0 minutes total time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk***
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk***
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin (canned or pureed)
- Pumpkin pie spice, to taste (I prefer the taste of pumpkin over spice, so I use about a teaspoon, but if you’re looking for a true “pumpkin spice” flavor, add about 2 teaspoons)
- Whisk all ingredients except for pumpkin pie spice. Make sure there are no chunks from the coconut milk or pumpkin.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and whisk very well to ensure spice is evenly distributed.
- Mix in with your coffee and enjoy! (or drink plain/blend with ice like I did!)
***If you’d prefer one milk over the other, you can use 2 cups of either/or. Also, if you’re not intolerant to dairy, feel free to use regular cow’s milk!