I mentioned how I randomly create recipes in my head all the time in my last post, and this is another one of those recipes. One day I was making PaleOMG’s Pizza Spaghetti Pie (aka my go-to meal that’s made at least once a week during the school year), and I was eating some of the spaghetti squash before I added the meat, onion, and sauce. It was some super good spaghetti squash too. I scored it from the farmers market, and will never buy spaghetti squash from the store again. Ok, so the spaghetti squash was awesome and kinda creamy. Creamy..like butter. So I was like “mmm, butter…” and I remembered how I used to mix butter, spaghetti, and garlic salt allll the time before I went paleo and I called it supper. Then I craved that, and thought I could totally recreate it just as good if not better. And I did just that. And added some good grilled chicken. So boom. (you know..like Tish from vine? ok, probably not, that’s cool too)
p.s. I know I’ll probably make someone mad by tagging vegan on here, but before you blow up on me, here’s a disclaimer: you don’t actually have to make the chicken!!! Use a butter substitute on the noodles and eat (WITHOUT CHICKEN) and enjoy and be happy.
Face down, end up, that’s the way I like to cook my spaghetti squash.
Garlic Butter Noodles with Grilled Chicken:
serves: 4 prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 30 minutes total time: 45 minutes
For the noodles:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee (or butter substitute for vegan)
- 3 cloves minced garlic (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds and guts with a metal spoon. Lay face down on a flat stone or metal pan and place in oven for 30 minutes. Let cool, and then scoop out the insides and set aside.
- Place stainless steel pan on burner set to medium-low to pre-heat. (this is a trick I learned to ensure that your food doesn’t stick when using stainless cookware. Pre-heat the pan, then add the fat, then add the food.)
- Once pan is heated, add butter. When melted, add minced garlic. When the garlic becomes aromatic, add the spaghetti squash and stir until squash is covered with butter.
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Flavor God Garlic Lovers or seasoning blend of choice
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat. If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the chicken in a pan, in the oven for 25 minutes at 350ºF, or use a George Foreman.
- Rub chicken with seasoning blend then place on grill. Cook through then enjoy on top of your noodles.