I’ve hit the holy grail with this recipe. It’s amazing. And sweetener free. Even 21DSD if you omit the dates. Technically they’re whole30 ingredient wise, but if you read this, you’ll understand that they are not totally whole30. Sorry guys. But these are delicious. Okay just try them. I promise you’ll love ’em.
Chocolate Coconut Banana Muffins
serves: 10 prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 25-30 minutes total time: 35-40 minutes
- 3 bananas (green-tipped if doing 21DSD)
- 3 dates*** (omit if 21DSD)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I like this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao/cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut + more for topping
- optional: sweetener to taste (these were plenty sweet to me, but I’ve also been through two 21DSDs)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line medium muffin pan with muffin tins. I like using silicon muffin tins because the muffins come out very easily.
- Mash banana and dates in bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the bowl and stir well incorporated.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cacao powder. Mix until well combined then mix in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake tins, filling them half full. optional: you can top the muffins with more shredded coconut if you would like.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the muffins are firm.
***If you used fresh medjool dates, just pit them and mash them with the banana. However, you can also used dried dates if you boil them for 10 minutes to rehydrate them.