So I always keep a tupperware container full of banana bread muffins in my freezer to eat for a snack or breakfast or whatever I feel like. But a few days ago I ran out. It was tragic, I know. Anyways, I figured I better get some muffins made asap, but I wanted to try something new. I searched around pinterest for a few hours, and I finally decided to just make my own recipe. I actually came up with two. This one (White Chocolate Raspberry) and another amazing one which is sweetener free (score!!!), Chocolate Coconut Banana. Mmm I wanna go eat one now just writing about them. My favorite way to eat the white choc raz so far is with coconut cream. But then again I like eating EVERYTHING with coconut cream. Mango, PINAPPLE, sweet potato, nut butter, banana, ice cream…yes everything. I mean everything sweet, but whatever. To be honest the Chocolate Coconut Banana Muffins kinda have my heart over these, but just because I’m a banana lover. And chocolate. And coconut. These are still great though! I just wish I actually had some white chocolate chips in them. No those aren’t paleo. Enjoy Life really needs to get on that, am I the only one who always thinks that? I’m sure I’m not! So hey, Enjoy Life, PLEASE MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE! Or you could always make Civilized Caveman’s homemade white chocolate like I did for my White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies that one time. I just didn’t have the patience for that today. My stomach’s growling so I’m gonna get this recipe sharing show on the road.
White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins:
serves: 12 prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 25 minutes total time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I used a mixture of date paste and maple syrup-I’d use all maple syrup for best flavor, honey would also work)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (my favorite brand)
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prep medium muffin pan with 12 muffin tins. I used silicon muffin tins lined with coconut oil. They work great!
- Melt the cocoa butter on a double boiler on medium-low
- Once the cocoa butter is all the way melted, pour it in a bowl with the almond butter, vanilla, eggs, and sweetener and mix until a smooth liquid.
- Mix in the salt, baking soda, and coconut flour until well combined, then stir in the raspberries.
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin tins. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the top.