What do you do when macadamia nuts are on sale and you finally found powdered coconut milk??? Create homemade white chocolate chips and then make white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies of course! Wow…”white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies” is quite the mouthful. We can nickname them wccmnc. Just kidding, that’s hard too. Fortunately regardless the name, these cookies are delicious, and I hope you think so too!
I used Civilized Caveman’s paleo white chocolate recipe to make my own homemade white chocolate chips. However, you could use regular white chocolate chips if you aren’t extremely worried about dairy and soy. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips would be yummy too!
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies:
yields: 12 large or 24 small prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 10-14 minutes
- 1/4 cup palm oil, coconut oil, or unsalted grass-fed butter, not melted
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (I like ordering in bulk from nuts.com!)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I made these homemade using Civilized Caveman’s recipe)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You may need two baking sheets depending on how many cookies you make out of this.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the palm oil/coconut oil/butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla until smooth; about 30 seconds.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to the liquid mixture and once again combine until a dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Using a small or medium baking scoop, scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet, spacing them about an inch apart. If you use the small scoop, you will get about 24 cookies. Using the medium scoop you will get about 12.
- You can leave the cookies as mounds or flatten them with another sheet of parchment paper. They don’t spread much, so how you put them in the oven is how they will come out.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until they are slightly golden on the bottom.